pg_dump problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michelle Murrain
Subject pg_dump problems
Date
List pgsql-general
In doing a pg_dump on a relatively new Postgres install, I get an
error I've never seen before:

getInherits():SELECT failed. Explanation from backend:
'ERROR:Attribute 'inhre1' not found.'

The dump didn't work. In verbose mode, it happens when it is reading
table inheritance information.

It's a pretty simple database, only a few tables. It will be a little
bit of a pain to recreate, but not devastating. However, this install
is on my laptop, where I do a lot of my development work. I'd like to
make sure I have a reliable way of getting my databases from there to
the server.

Thanks.

Oh - Linux-Mandrake 7.0,  Postgres 7.0

Michelle
Michelle Murrain, Ph.D.
President, Norwottuck Technology Resources
mpm@norwottuck.com        www.norwottuck.com